Were did the idea of a Pre Trib Rapture come from? This is a fare question to ask. In this study we will look at some early Church history. Where do the pre-tribulation rapture theory originated? The pre-tribulation rapture originated over in England. The theory it has all but vanished away there. But still in America the literal concept lives on, and it is at the local church level it persists strongly. Unfortunately many have swallowed the new teach “hook line and sinker.” Read the rest of this entry »
It is easy to imagine how the memory of the way the Spanish colonizers ruled the colony was deeply imprinted in the minds of the Filipinos who the Americans eventually allowed to run the government, Filipinos who were already alive during the latter part of the Spanish rule. …many of the petty officials during the Spanish colonial period…. …followed the bad example of their superiors: they likewise devoted themselves to self-enrichment while serving their terms of office in the Spanish colonial government. These may have been the Filipinos who eventually filled important positions during the Commonwealth period, when the Americans “Filipinized” their colonial government in the Philippines. They must have continued their corrupt ways, which were eventually followed by others in government who saw that corruption often pays off. “Follow the leader,” to this day, has not ended. The saddest thing about it is not that corrupt people get rich, but the innocent, and even honest, people get victimized.
“The Other Philippine History Textbook” Book 1 pg. 173 by Christine L. Diaz
“How developed our infrastructure would be, how advanced our agriculture, how vibrant our trade, and how rich our country and people if there were no graft and corruption in the government!”
“The Other Philippine History Textbook” Book 1 pg. 173 by Christine L. Diaz
Wanted Online Internet job workers. Job is only through Internet. Work from home part time jobs. You can earn $1500-2500/month working 1-2 hours/day, no matter where you live. These are genuine Data entry jobs & Internet jobs. No Investment required. Only serious enquires please. For more details visit http://www.earnparttimejobs.com/index.php?id=4323929
As we read the Bible, we must keep in mind the hermeneuticial principle of audience relevance, which seeks to discover what the original audience understood a passage to mean.
I grew up in the SBC, and therefore, have always believed in what is called dispensationalism. I will admit though, I believe it more on the basis of what was told to me, instead of true study of the facts found in the Bible. My journey from semi Arminianism to Calvinism started about 6 years ago, so I am seeing the same things happen within this transformation as well. I am right in the middle of this, so I cannot say I am fully amillennial Read the rest of this entry »
So Joshua took the whole land, according to all that the Lord had spoken to Moses, and Joshua gave it for an inheritance to Israel according to their divisions by their tribes. Thus the land had rest from war.
So the Lord gave Israel all the land which He had sworn to give to their fathers, and they possessed it and lived in it.
If Dispensdationalist are known to take the Bible LITERALLY than why do they not take these very words literally which makes it surely sound like it already happen?
The Story of Fulfilment being expressed…
18 Even after they had cast an image of a calf for themselves and said, “This is your God who brought you out of Egypt,” and they had committed terrible blasphemies, 19 You did not abandon them in the wilderness because of Your great compassion. During the day the pillar of cloud never turned away from them, guiding them on their journey. And during the night the pillar of fire illuminated the way they should go. 20 You sent Your good Spirit to instruct them. You did not withhold Your manna from their mouths, and You gave them water for their thirst. 21 You provided for them in the wilderness 40 years and they lacked nothing. Their clothes did not wear out, and their feet did not swell. 22 You gave them kingdoms and peoples and assigned them to be a boundary. They took possession of the land of Sihon king of Heshbon and of the land of Og king of Bashan. 23 You multiplied their descendants like the stars of heaven and brought them to the land You told their ancestors to go in and take possession [of it]. 24 So their descendants went in and possessed the land: You subdued the Canaanites who inhabited the land before them and handed their kings and the surrounding peoples over to them, to do as they pleased with them. 25 They captured fortified cities and fertile land and took possession of well-supplied houses, rock-hewn cisterns, vineyards, olive groves, and fruit trees in abundance. They ate, were filled, became prosperous, and delighted in Your great goodness. 26 But they were disobedient and rebelled against You. They flung Your law behind their backs and killed Your prophets who warned them to turn them back to You. They committed terrible blasphemies. 27 So You handed them over to their enemies, who oppressed them. In their time of distress, they cried out to You, and You heard from heaven. In Your abundant compassion You gave them deliverers, who rescued them from the power of their enemies. 28 But as soon as they had relief, they again did what was evil in Your sight. So You abandoned them to the power of their enemies, who dominated them. When they cried out to You again, You heard from heaven and rescued them many times in Your compassion.
Please help “World Without End Ministry,” in the Philippines, by either (1) joining XOOM by being refered or (2) by simply making a donation and use my wife’s name as the receiver Glecilyn Crandell and send the referance number to firstname.lastname@example.org
If PayPal is your only choice to use,
would be the email to use
A DIFFERENT GOSPEL (Galatians 1:6)
THE BIBLE–VERSUS–THE MILLENNIUM DOCTRINE
Some of the evils of the millennial doctrine.
- PreMillennialist says Christ is a created being, created at His birth–versus–Christ preexisted before the earth. Christ was created–versus–Christ made all created things. MAKES HIM BE JUST A MAN, NOT A DIVINE BEING.
- PreMillennialist says God, Christ, or the prophets did not know the Jews would reject Christ and put Him to death. It makes God be neither all knowing nor all powerful. If He were unable to restore the kingdom to Israel as He planned to then it MAKES HIS FIRST COMING A FAILURE.
- Both John the Baptist and Christ said the kingdom of Heaven is at hand. PreMillennialist says both were wrong.
- PreMillennialist says the church and the New Covenant are just an afterthought, were added to fill in unto God could set up the kingdom He was not able to at the first coming of Christ. IT MAKES THE OLD COVENANT BE SUPERIOR TO THE NEW COVENANT.
- PreMillennialist makes the death of Christ be not needed. They say it was both unplanned and unknown that Christ would be put to death; and if the Jews had not rejected Him and put Him to death, Israel would have been restored and the kingdom set up according to God’s plan. THE DEATH OF CHRIST WAS NOT IN THE PLAIN OF GOD, THEREFORE, WAS NOT NEEDED.
- There could not have been any predictions or prophecy about the suffering of Christ, the death of Christ, the resurrection of Christ, the church, the New Covenant; there could not have been any prophecy about the Millennium for we are told they were all unknown of by God and the prophets. If the kingdom had been restored to Israel as the Millennialist says God planned for it to be, there would have been no Millennium, yet they use many Old Testament passages to prove that God did know what they say He did not know.
- PreMillennialist makes Judaism superior to Christianity, and the Law with its animal sacrifices will be restored.
- PreMillennialist deny that Christ is now king and is now on the throne of David.
- Many PreMillennialist says eternal life for the saved will be on earth–versus–Eternal life in Heaven. No one will ever be in Heaven.
- Resurrected with an earthly body–versus–resurrected a spiritual being.
- Premillennial doctrine is a return to Judaism, a reestablishment of national Israel and the types and shadows of the Old Covenant, which the writer of Hebrews is warning against throughout the whole book of Hebrews.
IN BRIEF, THE PREMILLENNIAL BELIEF IS A COMPLETE REWRITE OF THE BIBLE. THE DIFFERENCES AND DISAGREEMENTS IN THE GOSPEL AND PREMILLENNIAL BELIEFS ARE SO GREAT THAT NO ONE CAN BELIEVE BOTH. The Premillennial belief is that God was unable to set up the Jewish kingdom that He had said He was going to set up, and that it was unknown to God that Israel was going to reject Christ and put Him to death. The church is something that was added that God did not plain or know about it before Christ’s rejection. THE MILLENNIAL KINGDOM WILL BE A RETURN TO OLD TESTAMENT JUDAISM, WHICH DID NOT HAVE THE ATONING BLOOD OF CHRIST.
SOURCE - http://robertwr.com/rapture.html
. . . Jesus left. And unless you ignore his promise to be
with them until the end of the age, you would have to
agree that there is a sense in which he didn’t leave.
Well, it seems awfully obvious to me now that the
sense in which he left was in regards to his human
nature; which includes a body. He physically left them.
Acts 1 clearly demonstrates that. And there is nothing
illogical about that answer. If that isn’t the sense, then
what is? . . . In what sense did he leave and in what
sense did he stay. . . ?
The answer to Talbotism’s question is found in the
answer to these seven questions:
1. “…until Christ is formed in you.” (Gal. 4:19)
The church was looking forward to when Christ would be formed
in it. But Christ was already in the church. “In what sense” then
was He later “formed” in the church?
2. “in whom the whole building, being fitted together is growing
into a holy temple in the Lord; in whom you also are being built
together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit” (Eph. 2:21,22).
The church was looking forward to when it would become God’s
“holy temple” / “dwelling.” But the church was already God’s
temple/dwelling. “In what sense” then did the church later
become God’s temple/dwelling.
3. “So that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith….”
Paul’s desire was that God would strengthen believers with might
by Christ’s Spirit in the inner man “so that Christ would dwell in
[their] hearts through faith.” But Christ was already dwelling
in believers’ hearts through faith. “In what sense” then did Christ
later dwell in believers’ hearts through faith?
4. “to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the
glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you,
the hope of glory” (Col. 1:27).
The church’s glorious hope (her expectation) was “Christ in you.”
But Christ was already in the church. “In what sense” then did
Christ later dwell in the church?
5. “And so we have the prophetic word made more sure, to
which you do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a
dark place, until the day dawns and the Morning Star arises
in your hearts.” (II Peter 1:19)
Believers were looking forward to “the day” when “the Morning
Star” would arise in their hearts. But the Morning Star (Jesus)
was already dwelling in their hearts. “In what sense” then did
Jesus later arise in believers’ hearts?
6. “Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice
and opens the door, I will come in to him, and will dine with him,
and he with Me” (Rev. 3:20; This promise was written to believers.).
Jesus told believers that if any one of them opened the door, He
would “come in to him, and will dine with him.” But Jesus was
already dwelling in believers and dining with them. “In what
sense” then did Jesus later dwell in believers and dine with them?
7. “…If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father
will love him, and We will come to him, and make Our abode
with him.” (Jn. 14:23)
Only spirit-indwelt believers love Jesus. Yet Jesus said that a
time would come when the Father and the Son would make their
abode in Spirit-indwelt believers. Yet the Son was already
dwelling in Spirit-indwelt believers. “In what sense” then did
Jesus and the Father later make Their abode in Spirit-indwelt