Archive for the ‘Something to think about’ Category
KJV Only… are you one of them?
As most of you might know, I am currently here in the Philippines, sharing the truth, when it comes to Fulfilled Eschatology, and most of the churches I have come across are Fundamental Baptist, which can almost be like a cult in some ways, who believes in the KJV Only movement, that thinks the KJV is the one and only true version for us to read, especially when read the Bible in English.
Hebrews 4:8, on the Joshua and Jesus issue, has always been my favorite one to share but despite the logic, when showing the Greek and Hebrew, along with Audience Relevance, most of the KJV only only take the words in a literal way instead of seeing what it truly means from the original audience stand point, so I hope from the few links I have listed below that it will be of help towards showing the truth when it comes to sharing with the KJV Only.
KJV Only | Were KJV Translators Inspired?
- Questions for “KJV only” advocates:
- The Geneva Bible 1599 – Notes to the Modern Reader (by Gary D. DeMar, Ph.D.). . . . ix
- KJV only on Hebrews 4:8 Joshua or Jesus?
- Typo in the KJV Hebrews 4:8
- Is the King James Version of the Bible the Only Bible Christians Should Trust and Read/Part 1
- Is the King James Version of the Bible the Only Bible Christians Should Trust and Read/Part 2
- Is the King James Version of the Bible the Only Bible Christians Should Trust and Read/Part 3
- Why is the NIV Bible, and other versions, is missing a few verses?
- Bible Versions: The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly (Part One)
- Bible Versions: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Part Two)
We Shall Meet Him in The Air
Something to think over when it comes to a 1st Thess. passage
Paul’s doctrine of the “rapture of the church” (His eschatology) in 1 Thessalonians is from the Old Testament scriptures (Paul preached nothing but the hope of Israel found in Moses and the prophets — Acts 24:14f; 26:21f). Read the rest of this entry »
As we read the Bible, we must keep in mind the hermeneutical principle of audience relevance, which seeks to discover what the original audience understood a passage to mean.
BIBLICAL HERMENEUTICS ©1890
A treatise on the Interpretation of
the Old and New Testament
The basics, when it comes to hermeneutics,
is to keep the primary principles in mind…
“Scripture interprets Scripture.”
My Journey out of…
When it comes to Dispensationalism:
I grew up in the SBC, and therefore, have always believed in what is called dispensationalism. I will admit though, I believe it more on the basis of what was told to me, instead of true study of the facts found in the Bible. My journey from semi Arminianism to Calvinism started about 6 years ago, so I am seeing the same things happen within this transformation as well. I am right in the middle of this, so I cannot say I am fully amillennial Read the rest of this entry »
“At last it was time for the Israelites to enter the Promised Land. Joshua sent two spies to the Canaanite city of Jericho. It was protected by strong walls. A prostitute named Rahab protected the spies and helped them escape because she believed God. They promised to protect Rahab and her family when Jericho was destroyed.” Read the rest of this entry »
A DIFFERENT GOSPEL
THE MILLENNIUM DOCTRINE
Some of the evils of the millennial doctrine.
- PreMillennialist says Christ is a created being, created at His birth–versus–Christ preexisted before the earth. Christ was created–versus–Christ made all created things. MAKES HIM BE JUST A MAN, NOT A DIVINE BEING.
- PreMillennialist says God, Christ, or the prophets did not know the Jews would reject Christ and put Him to death. It makes God be neither all knowing nor all powerful. If He were unable to restore the kingdom to Israel as He planned to then it MAKES HIS FIRST COMING A FAILURE.
- Both John the Baptist and Christ said the kingdom of Heaven is at hand. PreMillennialist says both were wrong.
- PreMillennialist says the church and the New Covenant are just an afterthought, were added to fill in unto God could set up the kingdom He was not able to at the first coming of Christ. IT MAKES THE OLD COVENANT BE SUPERIOR TO THE NEW COVENANT.
- PreMillennialist makes the death of Christ be not needed. They say it was both unplanned and unknown that Christ would be put to death; and if the Jews had not rejected Him and put Him to death, Israel would have been restored and the kingdom set up according to God’s plan. THE DEATH OF CHRIST WAS NOT IN THE PLAIN OF GOD, THEREFORE, WAS NOT NEEDED.
- There could not have been any predictions or prophecy about the suffering of Christ, the death of Christ, the resurrection of Christ, the church, the New Covenant; there could not have been any prophecy about the Millennium for we are told they were all unknown of by God and the prophets. If the kingdom had been restored to Israel as the Millennialist says God planned for it to be, there would have been no Millennium, yet they use many Old Testament passages to prove that God did know what they say He did not know.
- PreMillennialist makes Judaism superior to Christianity, and the Law with its animal sacrifices will be restored.
- PreMillennialist deny that Christ is now king and is now on the throne of David.
- Many PreMillennialist says eternal life for the saved will be on earth–versus–Eternal life in Heaven. No one will ever be in Heaven.
- Resurrected with an earthly body–versus–resurrected a spiritual being.
- Premillennial doctrine is a return to Judaism, a reestablishment of national Israel and the types and shadows of the Old Covenant, which the writer of Hebrews is warning against throughout the whole book of Hebrews.
IN BRIEF, THE PREMILLENNIAL BELIEF IS A COMPLETE REWRITE OF THE BIBLE. THE DIFFERENCES AND DISAGREEMENTS IN THE GOSPEL AND PREMILLENNIAL BELIEFS ARE SO GREAT THAT NO ONE CAN BELIEVE BOTH. The Premillennial belief is that God was unable to set up the Jewish kingdom that He had said He was going to set up, and that it was unknown to God that Israel was going to reject Christ and put Him to death. The church is something that was added that God did not plain or know about it before Christ’s rejection. THE MILLENNIAL KINGDOM WILL BE A RETURN TO OLD TESTAMENT JUDAISM, WHICH DID NOT HAVE THE ATONING BLOOD OF CHRIST.
SOURCE – A Different Gospel - http://robertwr.com/rapture.html
Support World Without End Ministry
in the Philippines, by using XOOM
just by signing up alone.
If PayPal is your only choice to use,
would be the email to use
THE BIBLE HELL
The words rendered hell in the bible, sheol, hadees, tartarus, and gehenna, shown to denote a state of temporal duration. All the texts containing the word examined and explained in harmony with the doctrine of universal salvation.
J.W. Hanson, D.D.
Universalist Publishing House
The Bible Hell
The English Word Hell
Sheol and Hadees
Testimony of Scholars
Heathen Ideas of Hell
The Christian Idea of Hell
Opinions of Scholars
Jewish and Pagan Opinins
Hades Is On Earth
Hadees is Temporary
Gehenna | Photographs of Hell
As Bible translations become purer, we find that references to Hell vanish from the pages of the Bible. Most translations only contain the word “Hell” a dozen times or so and many do not contain the word at all. The primary word some Bibles translate “Hell” is the Greek word “Gehenna.”
This “Gehenna” is the valley in the Old Testament called “ga ben Hinnom” or “the valley of the son of Hinnom,” also called “Tophet,” a valley in which Israel burned their own children. (Note that it was God’s own people who did the burning, NOT God Himself, who thought such a deed was utterly detestable! Jer. 32:35)
The Scriptures also foretell that this abominable valley would one day become a garden. Below are some pictures of this very valley in Israel which many Christians believe is Hell. It’s rather ironic that the other valleys around it are barren and filled with graves, while the valley orthodox Christianity calls “Hell” has become a garden. Let God and His word be true and every man a liar.
We The People…
America’s founders declared an independence from governmental tyranny and taxation over personal business and welfare. For them, America was a republic founded upon “We the People” and the individual pursuit of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
Government was charged with the sole role of protector, not proprietor, of this inalienable right with which all humans are endowed by their Creator.
Thomas Jefferson explained, “The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only legitimate object of good government.”
And Benjamin Franklin said, “The Constitution only guarantees the American people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself.”
Dare I say, if they or any of our founders or framers were alive today, they would say, “If you want a business, you build it. You make it happen.”
Obama’s entrepreneurial Communist Manifesto
Exclusive: Chuck Norris examines founders’ ideas on building success
By Vernon Chelsea Klingman III
- So, why don’t we all discuss the second coming? For old time’s sake.
- I don’t have a lot of hobbies, but I do enjoy studying the last days as a past time.
- I’m completely dedicated to preterism. Even though there’s really no future in it.
- Personally, I find the preterist reformation to be quite timely.
- When I’m through with those futurists, their view will be history.
- I’m really not opposed to dispensationalists getting raptured.
- The archangel totally blew it.
- When it comes to eschatology, hindsight is 20/20.
- I like to call them the last days of yore.
- Preterism is the only view of eschatology that will stand the test of time.
- I had three Americanos this morning. So, I was kind of a hyper preterist.
- When I said, “time will tell which view of eschatology is correct”, I didn’t mean we’d have to wait and see.
- I’m taking futurists to the woodshed. And I’m bringing a timing belt.
- Let’s make preterism the eschatology of the future! Er, you know what I mean.
- I went over 70 in the car with my family last night. Of course, I go over it with them at home too.
- Whenever you get discouraged in your efforts to convert people to preterism, just remember… in less than a hundred years, everyone you know will agree with you.
- Living past 70 is a blessing.
- I believed the Gospel, I just didn’t know what to think about the rest of the story. Then I discovered preterism. And the rest is history.
- If you’re waiting for Revelation 19 to be fulfilled, I’ve got news for you… that horse has left the barn.
- Whenever someone asks me how much of the Olivet Discourse was fulfilled, I just say, “Olivet”.
- Preterism kicked my left behind all the way to kingdom came.
- In 70 AD, Christ married His Bride. That makes me a legitimate son of the resurrection. Despite what they call me.
- I prefer to call it the yesterday of the Lord.
- The Jewish rebellion against Rome may not have been the greatest uprising in history, but it did coincide with it.
- I’m sorry if I’ve irritated you by speaking about eschatology in the past. I promise not to speak of the coming of Christ in the future.
Read more at: www.facebook.com/preterism